28 January 2011

School is Never Ending.

Finally got myself enrolled in some distance learning courses, as a precursor to my return to the US of A some time this summer. I'm taking statistics and poetry, which is kind of ironic, I guess. Somehow.

Other than that, however, not much has been going on. My sister, who is far more ambitious than I, is interviewing for entry into some of the Ivies tomorrow. Wish her the best, everyone.

I should have more to say shortly, although I do have to announce that the good people of Bull Spec have informed me that almost a full page of their fine journal will be devoted to my poem "Spinning the Seabed Dry." It will appear in their 6th issue, due out sometime this summer, if I'm not mistaken. Beyond this, I am currently reading Tess of the D'Urbervilles (yes, still) and a collection of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories that I received for Christmas. I have preordered Joe Abercrombie's The Heroes, which I eagerly anticipate receiving. I have been listening to the Twilight Sad a lot. They're excellent, if you're up for a bit of grimness.

At any rate, I'm hoping to have something worth reading up soon. Please, don't leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment