07 August 2011

What's Goin' On.

So, I spent last weekend in London. It was awesome, and I took notes. They will be made available as soon as they are finished and edited. I also took pictures; I'll figure out some way to show those to people.

Yesterday, I went to Bordeaux with my family. It was a short trip (<4 hours, which is less time than it took to drive one way), but well worth it. It's an awesome city, and looks like it was made up by someone like Italo Calvino. Also, did you know that you can now officially order Bull Spec Issue 6, which features my poem, "Spinning the Seabed Dry"? Well, you can. And in this instance, the mere ability to do a thing means that you definitely should. So go on -- give those charming people from Durham, NC some love.

And now -- reviewku!

A Feast for Crows -- George R.R. Martin
Tyrion's absence
Makes me sad, but 'shipping Jaime
And Brienne is fun.

Jane Eyre (2010)
Beautiful landscapes
And thoughtful restructuring
Render Jane afresh.

Super 8 (2011)
Kids on bikes save world;
Families function or don't.
Also, aliens.

Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! -- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Cave eschews mad poesy
For '50s gothic stylings;
Gives crow-black awesome.

So, all said and done, way too much fun has been had by me.

Also, posting here may be (more) erratic (i.e. less existent than usual) over the next few weeks, because I'm heading back to the 'states to go to university again. Classical languages are fun. (They are, I swear!) Bear it in mind, and forgive me, for I am a bad blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment