08 December 2010

I am 21.

I am 21. Hello, adult world. What have you got for me?

Lately, it looks like a lot of student-loan debt, lots of rejection letters, and probably not much in the way of relationships and other personal stuff. On the other hand, if I can keep parlaying my limited experience into less-limited experience-building stuff, I may actually be able to get a job that I'm mildly interested in. I may get a few less rejection letters, because I might get to be a better writer.

Maybe someday I'll be able to run at a reasonable speed, or at least for a reasonable length of time. (I can't run for crap.) Maybe I'll get to live someplace where my hands aren't cold all the damn time.

Hello, adult world.

Maybe none of these things will happen. But by God, one day I will own a spinning wheel, run a mile and see my name on the front page of a webzine that paid me or, better yet, on the front of an honest-to-god book. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Anyway, not much swinging.

What would have happened if the "sacred heart" had appeared to a robot programmed to believe?

I believe I'll go climb some stairs for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment